Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Home Instructions Before Oral Surgery
Please follow these instructions to prepare for oral surgery with IV Sedation.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking for at least 8 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and closed toed shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Ortiz prior to your surgical date for instructions.
Because we have allotted time and space for you on our schedule for a given day, we ask that if you confirm your appointment with the office at least TWO business days in advance.
If your appointment is not confirmed within 24 hrs of your scheduled time, your surgery may be canceled to accommodate other patients.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your surgical appointment, we require 48 business hours in advance of your appointment time, to avoid a $250 cancellation fee.